Seedlings in the upper field.
With the harvest season fast approaching, we wanted to take a few minutes to describe The Big Red Farm Share program. You can become a member of the Big Red Farm this season by purchasing a Farm Share for $100, $200, $300, or $400. When you buy a Farm Share, we will open an account in your name from which your future farm purchases will be debited. And as a "thank you" for your upfront contribution, we'll give you a percentage discount on all of those purchases. So...
Buy a $100 Farm Share to open an $110 account (10% discount)
Buy a $200 Farm Share to open a $224 account (12% discount)
Buy a $300 Farm Share to open a $342 account (14% discount)
Buy a $400 Farm Share to open a $464 account (16% discount)
Advantages of the Big Red Farm Share
- Come shop at the farm and leave your wallet at home -- you've already paid!
- Know that you're supporting your local farm through your upfront contribution.
- See where your food is grown and pick some of it yourself.
- Choose the produce you and your family love. Love Swiss Chard? We grow it. Hate Swiss Chard? We grow other things, too.
- Enjoy the flexibility of this CSA model. Going on vacation for a few weeks? We'll be here when you get back.
- Join in the
riskfun of being a farmer. When you visit your farm and see with your own eyes the fields where your food is growing, the experience of cooking and eating becomes much more satisfying. It's hard to be detached from the natural world when you're a Big Red Farm Member -- we guarantee you'll find yourself hoping for rain (and/or wishing it would stop, three days later) right along with us.