Hot one, ain't it? I hear the heat wave is supposed to break on Sunday, which I know you're all looking forward to as much as we are! In the meantime, I'm excited to report a few surprise bonus veggies we didn't expect to be harvesting this week. Green peppers are looking great, and will be perfect for your salad and pizza needs. Also, we're really starting to get into tomato season! In addition to the Sungold cherry tomatoes, we have Black Cherry, a delicious red-black cherry tomato, and one of my favorites, Juliet, a mini-Roma or sauce tomato. Add a few scallions and a hot pepper, and you'll have a perfect salsa fresca to beat the heat!
We hope to have the following available on Saturday from 1pm to 6pm:
- Basil - $2.50 bunch
- Beets - $2.50 bunch
- Carrots - $2.50 bunch
- Chard - $2.50 bunch
- Cherry Tomatoes - $3.50 pint
- Eggs - $5.00 dozen (limit 1 dozen per customer)
- Flowers - $2.50 bouquet
- Hot Peppers - 2 for $1.00
- Kohlrabi - $1.00 each
- Lettuce - $2.50 head
- Napa Cabbage (back!) - $2.50 head
- New Potatoes - $4.50 quart
- Okra (new, limited quantity) - $2.50 pint
- Green Peppers (new) - $0.75 each
- Roma Tomatoes (new) - $5.00 quart
- Scallions - $1.50 bunch
- Summer Squash/Zucchini - $2.00 lb
- Tomatillos (new) - $2.50 pint
HOW TO FIND US:
Going North on 206, turn right at the Community Garden, and follow the gravel road back to the left. You'll see signs for parking. Bring your shopping bags and walk through the woods to the barn (there will be signs for that too).
Hope to see you at the farm!